APPLY FOR A #BEMORELIKECLAIRE GRANT!
We will begin accepting applications on August 1, 2021. The deadline will be midnight on October 1, 2021
#BeMoreLikeClaire Grant Guidelines:
The goal of the #BeMoreLikeClaire grant is to support projects that carry on Claire’s legacy by cultivating the power of collective generosity so that all may live a safe and healthy life, while abiding by our Guiding Principles.
#BeMoreLikeClaire Guiding Principles:
- All people should have access to healthy food.
- All people should have access to holistic and comprehensive health care.
- All people should have access to housing that is safe and affordable.
- Positive caring role models and mentors transform lives.
- All relationships should be free from cruelty and built on trust and respect.
- The earth and its resources should be protected and respected.
#BeMoreLikeClaire Grant Criteria:
- #BeMoreLikeClaire grants vary widely in scope and budget. Funding amounts depend on a number of factors, including total number of projects funded.
- Proposals must be from a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, tribal entity, or local government.
- Applicant organizations must conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
- Awardees are required to report on project results and complete a financial statement detailing how grant funds were used. A report form will be provided.
- Eligible projects include those that: provide a substantial benefit, produce meaningful, measurable results, include a plan to measure results, and clearly further and support the mission of #BeMoreLikeClaire.
- Generally, grants are not award for the purchase of tickets or tables at special events, memberships, or advertising, to individuals, annual campaigns, endowment funds, event sponsorships, fundraising events, religious purposes, or debt retirement. Funding lobbying or political activities is prohibited by the IRS.
#BeMoreLikeClaire Application Tips: Projects are more likely to be funded if they
- Are in alignment with one or more of the #BeMoreLikeClaire Guiding Principles
- Are clearly and concisely described in the Application
- Are based on complete and clear income and expense projections, with financial support or matching funding from other stakeholders.
- Do not require recurring #BeMoreLikeClaire funding for the same project or purpose
- Reasonably ensure continued support after foundation funding is no longer available
- Are proposed by organizations that demonstrate sound financial practices and strong staff and volunteer support
#BeMoreLikeClaire Grant Submission:
Applications are due by midnight on October 1, 2021.
To submit an application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “#BeMoreLikeClaire 2021 Grant Application” with the following attachments:
- Cover Letter containing applicant organization contact information, website address, and EIN
- Completed Application Form
- Completed Budget Form
Contact email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for your interest!